We at Freedom PT are bringing you the most advanced aquatic therapy in Mechanicsville. The HydroWorx 300 Series harnesses the power of water for everyone from physical therapy patients to professional athletes.
A Comfortable Rehabilitation Option
For those who struggle with traditional land-based therapy, aquatic therapy a great treatment opportunity. Patients do not need to possess swimming skills to benefit from aquatic therapy. Treatment can be performed in sitting and/or standing positions.
If you suffer from one of the following, chances are, you can benefit from aquatic rehab:
- Arthritis Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Stroke, MS, Cerebral Palsy
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Injuries
- Difficult with Walking/Balance
The Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
Aquatic therapy is one of the safest, most comfortable treatment options a physical therapy patient will ever experience. Benefits of aquatic therapy are:
- Decreased Pain
- Improved Range of Motion and Flexibility
- Improved Strength and Aerobic Endurance
- Improved Walking Skills
- Improved Confidence and Mental Status
- Faster post-surgical rehabilitation
- Reduced inflammation
- Effective cardiovascular training without wear and tear on joints
- Weightless environment, pain free way to exercise
Who benefits from Aquatic Therapy?
- Post surgical patients -- particularly orthopedic
- Prehab Patients
- Aging adults
- Elite athletes
- Arthritis or chronic pain patients
- Individuals looking to lose weight or increase fitness levels
- Those with back pain
- Stroke and neurological patients
Aquatic therapy takes advantage of:
- Buoyancy - it eases the stress on your muscles and joints.
- Temperature - the warm water soothes and relaxes the body.
- Viscosity - the "thickness" of the water provides gentle resistance.
- Turbulence - moving water gently challenges the body to maintain balance and control.
- Hydrostatic Pressure - this pressure provides natural relief of joint swelling.
What the patient will need:
- Aqua Shoes
- A robe to wear from the locker room (optional)
- Cap (optional)
Our staff are specially trained to provide you with an individualized aquatic therapy treatment program. Aquatic therapy is covered by many insurance plans.