According to the CDC, more than one third of adults 65 and older fall each year in the United States and 20% to 30% of people who fall suffer moderate to severe injuries. We can help reduce the risk and prevent falls by:
- Assessing your risk of falling
- Helping you make your home as safe as possible
- Educating you about the medical risk factors linked to falls
- Designing individualized exercises and balance training
- Working with other health care professionals and community services to create programs for people who want to reduce their risk of falling
Our Fall Risk Screening and Conditioning Program features the Biodex Balance System™ SD, which has been designed to meet the needs of everyone looking to improve balance, increase agility, develop muscle tone and treat a wide variety of pathologies. Featuring easy-to-follow "touch-screen" operation, the Balance System™ SD is simple to learn and operate, leading the user step-by-step through testing protocols and training modes in both static and dynamic formats.
The Balance System™ SD provides a fast, accurate Fall Risk Screening and Conditioning Program for older adults; closed-chain, weight-bearing assessment and training for lower extremity patients; and adds the objective balance assessment component to a concussion management program. Additionally, it serves as a valuable training device to enhance kinesthetic abilities that may provide some degree of compensation for impaired proprioceptive reflex mechanisms following injury. And, the system produces color reports to provide motivating feedback.
State-of-the-art medical technology featuring Biodex:
- Rapidly identifies your deficits
- Is easy to understand
- Helps you reach your goals faster
- Saves you time and treatments
Biodex Balance Assessment adds the objective, neurophysical component for the management of concussion. The benefit is that clinicians are able to quantify the elements of balance - before and after an injury occurs.
A decreased ability to maintain balance is one of the hallmark signs of concussion.
Detailed summary and progress reports track recovery and provide the medical team with quantitative data to help with the return-to-play decision.
Click Here or Call (301)-290-5090 to schedule a FREE CONCUSSION SCREEN
Don't ignore the facts
- One in every three persons age 65 and older falls each year.
- Falls are the leading cause of injury and accidental death in those over the age of 85.
- In 2005, 15,800 people 65 and older died from injuries related to unintentional falls.
- About 1.8 million people 65 and older were treated in ER's for injuries sustained from falls (CDC 2008).
Risk factors associated with falls:
- Older Age
- Muscle Weakness
- A History of Falls
- Medical Conditions Such as Diabetes, Arthritis, stroke, Walking Problems, Fear of Falling
We will assess or evaluate your:
- Fall Risk
- Medical History
Your Balance Program
After your initial evaluation your therapist will provide you with a custom treatment program, which may consist of:
- Strengthening Exercises
- Flexibility Exercises
- Gait Training
- Patient Education Safety Awareness
- Transfer Exercises
- Balance Exercises
- Vestibular Testing
- Home Exercise Program